Synergy Athletics is hosting the 3rd Annual Pump 'n Run 5K on Saturday, October 9, 11:00am at the Vestal Rail Trail.
The Pump 'n Run 5K adds a unique twist to the average fun run by measuring both strength and endurance.
Participants will have the option to take 20 seconds off their race time for each successful bench press they complete at packet pick up. Youth 12 and under and Masters 50+ will have the option to take 20 seconds off their race time for each successful wall ball pass completed in a 30 second time period.
The race is open to everyone, not just Synergy members and the bench press/wall ball pass is optional.
- Run/Walk only option
- Vestal Rail Trail Saturday October 9 at 11:00am
- Bench Press/Wall Ball Pass option at Participant Packet Pick-up
- Synergy Binghamton Monday October 4 - 6:00-7:00pm
- Synergy Endwell Tuesday October 5 - 6:00-7:00pm
- Synergy Vestal Wednesday October 6 - 6:00-7:00pm
- Women will complete a 50% bodyweight bench press and Men will complete a 75% body weight bench press. Youth 12 & Under and Masters 50+ will use a 6lb wall ball. All lifting will be overseen and judged by Synergy Athletics certified trainers
Synergy Athletics is proud to continue its partnership within our community! Proceeds from this year's Pump-N-Run will support HCA - Helping Celebrate Abilities. HCA has excelled in providing programs and services to people of ALL ABILITIES since 1947. HCA's mission is to develop, establish, and maintain multidisciplinary diagnostic and treatment services for developmentally and physically disabled persons and their families, plan and implement individualized programs designed to increase to the greatest possible degree a person’s physical, social, intellectual, and emotional abilities, and enable developmentally disabled persons to remain in the community, develop to their fullest potential, and become independent functional members of our society.